Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Linen Closet Heaven

Linen Closet Makeover!
For those that don't know, my new husband was out of town for work for a total of 5 weeks in the past 2 months!  I've had many emotions about this: anger, frustration, happy for free time!, loneliness, empowered!, and so on!  A rollercoaster of different feelings!  It's hard because it's not his fault and I'm glad he has a great job.  But it's also hard to be home alone for that long.  So each time Dan would start packing to fly out for the week, I would start preparing my "projects" for the week so I could stay busy!  The last week in October and the first week or two of November, I tackled the linen closet in our upstairs hallway.  Sad that this was the highlight of my week but I think we're all getting accustomed now to our adult lives where things like this make the top 10! :)  Sorry there are no pictures of the painting process but, in a nutshell, I spackled holes and repainted the entire inside of the closet white.  It was a bit beat up, dusty and, yes, had holes!  Then I took out all of the shelves and sanded each one and painted them all white.  This took about 3 coats each!  Good thing the World Series was on!  Now for the fun part, organizing!  Here is a before photo, I just didn't have time to make this any neater until now:


Then I picked out color coordinated baskets and labeled them all!  I tossed many things and categorized everything you could imagine!


Ta da!  Everything is in it's place!  Hopefully now I won't hear, "Honey!  Where's the _____?" from Dan anymore!  I don't blame him...did you see the closet in it's previous state!?  To summarize, there are baskets for the following if anyone is looking for ideas:  make up bags (unfortunately an entire bin is devoted to this seeing as I always buy my makeup during the "free gift" times!), "Nails", "Headbands", "Face", "Teeth", "Bath", "Medicine", "Toilet Paper", then there's the towel and washcloth shelf and on the bottom there is a bin for all sheet sets.  I also keep a little tote on the side (can't see it) of handy tools we use on a regular basis so: hammer, measuring tape, 3M stickies, nails, masking tape, etc. YAY!



No comments:

Post a Comment