Monday, March 26, 2012

You've Got Mail

Maybe the best project to date!!  As many of you know, I LOVE real, good old fashioned, snail mail!  Nothing beats a personal letter found amidst all those bills and ads...handwritten and personally addressed to me!  It brings flutters to my heart!  So, naturally, we needed a great mailbox!  The house came with the beautiful  functional one below.  But it wasn't "pretty".  AND it was tilted.  So thank you to Dan once again for installing our new mailbox!  

There he goes!  It was kind of funny because we both thought it would take a lot of time and effort to get the old one out of the ground, but no!  Out it came in one swift motion! 
 (made Dan look SUPER strong!) :)


Meanwhile, I was inside getting the new mailbox ready.  I ordered the following:

-New white mailbox post from Flying Monkeys
-Black mailbox from Amazon
-Ground anchor to hold post up from Amazon
-Address decal from Etsy

Thankfully, we went to the new 2-Story Menards Grand Opening the morning of this project and picked up a shovel for $2.99!


And here are all the pieces of our project...our neighbor made sure to tell us not to upgrade too much or we'd make everyone else look bad!  Oh Louie :)





















Dan called me outside to bring the camera...I thought he wanted his picture taken with his finished project.  But then he took the camera and said I got to put the top on!  YAY!  It was like putting the star on top of the Christmas tree!  
























Now everyone write me a letter!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment