Friday, February 22, 2013

Memory Corner

A much delayed post but better late than never right?!  Below is a photo of our basement during our home inspection.  I knew right away that I wanted this potentially awkward "nook" to be something cool.  But what?  



















I was inspired by different wainscoting on Pinterest and absolutely love photo galleries so I decided to combine the two and create a little eating area.  We have a great contractor that's been to our house a few times so I asked him to build just 2 small walls of beadboard and told him I would paint it after.  One of my old sorority sisters actually had a piece of leftover wainscoting as well so her husband dropped it off for us and that helped to cut down on the cost as well!























After painting a couple of coats, I collected the picture frames and found the perfect little table and chairs!  The chair is from Pier 1 and the chairs are from Target.com.




Above: Before






























Definitely an improvement I think! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment