Monday, July 16, 2012

Hydrangea Love

Happy Monday everyone!  Over the weekend, I finished a project that is way overdue-a wreath for our mudroom door!  I had been eyeing hydrangea wreaths at several different stores but they ranged in price from $50-$70!  I was shocked.  So, over the past 4 months or so, I have been collecting silk hydrangea flowers from Michaels and JoAnn's with my 40-50% off coupons.  Luckily, when I started this, they were also having a Spring Floral sale as well.  I finally collected enough to start making my wreath!

Here are the supplies I started with: hydrangea stems, wire wreath form, wire and wire cutters.


One by one, I cut each flower top off the stem and arranged them on the wreath.  I cut pieces of wire about 3-4 inches long to twisty tie each flower puff on in different spots to secure them.


I apologize for the poor Iphone photos.  I hate to admit, but I've been lazy to use the real big camera because both (yes two) memory cards are completely full...#crazypicturepersonissues

Here is a close up of the wire tie chaos.  No, it does not look very neat and pretty from the back but I used as much wire and whichever direction it would go to make sure each flower was on there tight.


Here she is half way finished!

And then - ta da!!  It was fun to hang it up on a nice, sunny Saturday morning!  You might notice the fleur de lis wreath hanger...a must-have of course!



Gotta love some good ole arts & crafts!  Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment