Wednesday, July 13, 2011

That Was Then, This Is Now, THURSDAY! - Photo Gallery

By far my favorite project we've done so far!  Don't you just love hanging things on the wall?  You've gotta watch me because I've been known to put lots of holes in walls :)  We started this project with a "newspaper draft", if you will, to make sure we were hanging everything correctly:


PS-Did you notice the perfect console table we FINALLY found for this wall!?  I'd been searching for a long time and stumbled upon this beauty at Pier 1.  Dan and I just stopped by quick to look around (actually to look for a floor vase) but buried deep in the rubble of home decor was this table!  I quickly retrieved my measuring tape from my purse and I heard the angels sing their heavenly tune-it was, in fact, 32" tall and 54" inches wide!  No way.  I was only able to find tables that were 30" high and 48" wide and I thought that size would look dinky on this wide wall.  Luckily, the sales clerk noticed Dan and I looking closely at the surface of the table.  When she asked if we had questions, we turned on our bargaining skills and explained that we saw a few minor scratches (nothing major whatesoever but hey!).  So...25% off and a gift card from Jon later-we got a deal!

So, I apologize.  I got sidetracked.  We had this cluster laying on our living room floor for hmm...3 weeks?  We picked it up for the girls craft night party and put it all back down the next day, haha.



After sweaty palms and hesitation, we finally put a hole in our precious wall and started hanging.  Dan did a great job measuring and actually had a lot of insight as to how these were to be arranged!  The end result, a beautiful gallery of random things!


Featuring our favorite engagement photos, family & friend photos, our favorite fortune cookie sayings, the back of our wedding invitation, a fun quote, photo booth strips, patterned paper, etc.  YAY!




No comments:

Post a Comment