Tuesday, June 28, 2011

We Love Our New House! Except for...

THE LAUNDRY ROOM.

Such an insanely depressing sight...so horrible that I never wear clean clothes anymore.  Ok I guess I'm being a bit dramatic and yes, we Dan still washes our clothes but I absolutely DREAD going in there and have been known to let out little screams at times when something seems frightening such as: a small dead bug, weird eery noise, or just the soul realization that I'm in the basement by myself and I'm scared.  Who should live like this?!  (sorry, I'll try to make that my last dramatic comment).   I can't even bear to think that I'm going to show you a picture of our laundry room for much longer so I'll just have to post it quick before I decide not to go through with it!  Don't judge:


But honestly-what can we do?  It's a 1950's basement! There is absolutely no time right now to tackle this project, so I'm going to use this opportunity to start brainstorming.  So maybe in 6-12 months (knowing me, I'll start this in like 4 months because I'll be so impatient), we will have ideas and plans!  Please let me know of any advice you all might have!  Here's an example of a basement laundry room makeover on the right compared to our current laundry room on the left:


A girl can dream right?  The potential I see is possibly the hanging curtains to cover the walls and the floor covering paint to start.  That should be budget friendly I would think.  What do you think?  Last week I submitted these photos to HGTV to see if they would bring someone out to fix this!  How cool would that be?!  I'll keep you posted!  In the meantime, happy laundering!!


No comments:

Post a Comment