Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Fall Fest

As most of you know, I LOVE creating a holiday festival in the little corner of our house by our mudroom/second entrance door!  It's so fun for me to bring in each holiday with decorations.  Since our house is on the corner, I guess you could say I feel a minor responsibility to spread cheer to everyone driving by!  Last year, I had made a little "fall corner" and this year I did the same thing...just with a few minor complications...

But first, let's start with a fun photo!  


When Dan and I went to Goodwill to look for some accessories to complete our Halloween costumes this year, I found this fall wreath for $9!  I thought about making a fall one myself similar to the hydrangea one I made in the spring but just ran out of time.  I was thrilled! 


But then they invaded.  The squirrels.


I mean, can you believe that?!?  Give me a break!  Our neighborhood is seriously overrun by squirrels.  I truly believe in my heart of hearts that they think this is their house.  Next year, I'm totally doing fake pumpkins. 


Before some of these pictures were taken, I wrapped one of the mums in burlap to give it a little more fall flair.  I tied it up with a cute yellow ribbon.


Photo from before the squirrels started terrorizing my pumpkins!  Someone told me to spray them with hairspray to keep them away.  I didn't try it because, frankly, it was too late but does anyone know any other tricks?


The marigolds were holding up pretty well until about a week ago!


 I hope my fall decorations bring more trick or treaters this year!  (another reason why I try to make our house cheery and welcoming!)  We only had 2 last year!  2!  Picture me sitting by the door with all the lights on and TONS of candy all by myself just waiting. SO sad!  Did anyone see the Halloween episode of Modern Family?  


Claire chasing kids into her house to get candy with her Bo Peep sheep hook just cracked me up and reminded me of my obsession with having more trick or treaters!  I even put up a sign up that says "Treats this way!"


Happy Fall Everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment